Blog List

After spending the last hour looking through the functionality of Feedly and Digg, I thought having Blog List may serve the same purpose and is more straightforward to use.

Here's why I think so...

The main benefit of Feedly and Digg is that they help consolidate all the posts into a single convenient portal. However, that's where I see the benefits ending. Even after an hour of looking through lines of HTML code, I am still unable to figure out how to embed Feedly or Digg onto my blog (or if is even possible).

Blog list, on the other hand, may not be able to consolidate all the day's posts from all the blogs, but it does provide a live and running commentary. By adjusting your setting, you can choose how many blogs appear, and how much information from said blog you'd be able to see.





The end result is a set of blog titles and the latest post from said blog.


The only drawbacks to this whole thing are that it may make your blog look messy (if you show too many blogs at a time), and that similarly, Google+ accounts are unable to be added. 
What do you guys think?
Josh, out.

Comments

  1. I don't know that there is a blog widget for digg or feedly that would put the full list in the sidebar. I just keep digg open in a browser window. I like seeing the new stuff in bold because I can't always tell by a title if I've read something or not. We're getting ready to construct a blogroll for the main class blog, and all (gulp) 37 will be linked from there, but I don't personally find that to be the most efficient or comprehensive way to see what's new on the blogs. That said, everyone has to figure out their own system!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, I totally understand what you mean. I guess for me, it was just having everything in one space (this blog). But I can see how 37 blogs, each having multiple post can get out of hand very quickly...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Everybody!