ICTs reforming education

In a reading and then discussion I had this week, I explored the utility of social networking tools (SNTs) in developing countries with regard to education.


I found that Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs was a suitable metaphor to explain the issues plaguing developing countries. My conclusion was that resources should be focused on the base needs first. This includes basic infrastructure and network efficiency. Only was that was settled, could you address larger concerns such as security protocols, privacy acts and even classroom policies.

However, beyond just SNTs, we could also explore the larger topic of information-communication technologies (ICTs). And here, I found a TED video that explains the benefits of leveraging ICTs in education, and to overcome some of the limitations that are imposed.


Let me know what you think!

Josh, out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Minority Report